Search For A Specialist
Dr Samantha Hann is a specialist Consultant Dermatologist specialising in skin cancer in Cornwall.
• Inflammatory dermatoses eg. eczema, psoriasis, acne, drug reactions
• Bacterial, viral and fungal infections
• Benign lesions eg. moles, cyst, lipoma
• Precancerous lesions eg. actinic keratosis, Bowen’s disease
• Cancerous lesions eg. basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, malignant melanoma
• Simple and complex skin surgery including Mohs micrographic surgery
• Hair and nail problems
• Vulval skin problems
Particular area of interest:
Dr Hann manages precancerous and cancerous lesions. She specialises in skin surgery with simple and complex repairs. She performs a particularly specialised surgical technique called Mohs micrographic surgery used for certain types of skin cancer.
BMBS, BMedSci, MRCP, Fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous surgery
Dr Hann completed her graduate training at Queen’s Medical School, Nottingham University in 1999. Her postgraduate training took her South to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton where she completed her membership exams and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2003.
With an intrigue for dermatology and a keenness to perform detailed surgery Dr Hann gained experience in dermatology and genitourinary medicine in Southampton before starting specialty training at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. Her eminent mentors and teachers included Professor Finlay, Dr Motley and Dr Morris.
During her time in Cardiff, she became the representative for the dermatology surgical training program and a committee member for the British Society of Dermatological Surgery. Dr Hann later went on to be a regular member of the teaching faculty at the annual courses.
Following her specialty training she remained in Cardiff, extending her surgical expertise by completing a fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous surgery.
• General Medical Council 4645548
• Member Royal College of Physicians
• British Association of Dermatologists
• British Society of Dermatological Surgery
• Medical Protection Society
• British Medical Association
Royal Cornwall Hospital, Treliske, Truro
Every Thursday afternoon