Womens Health Physiotherapy Service
We are pleased to offer a Women’s Health Service provided by Miss Lucy Parris, our in-house specialist women’s health physiotherapists.
Our Women’s Health Service focuses on the therapeutic treatment of disorders of the pelvis and pelvic floor. The service can help patients with the following
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Urinary incontinence (stress incontinence and / or urgency incontinence)
- Anterior/posterior/uterine prolapse
- Pre / post-operative gynaecology (total abdominal hysterectomy, prolapse repair, incontinence surgery)
Within the current climate Lucy is operating an initial virtual service, followed by face to face appointments, if deemed clinically necessary. The women’s Health Service includes:
- A subjective assessment - gaining a thorough and comprehensive history of the presenting condition.
- An objective assessment - most commonly an internal examination, where Lucy will teach the correct technique for the pelvic floor and assess the muscle strength.
- A home exercise programme for the pelvic floor and education for the patient with regard to the anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor along with an explanation of what their condition is and why it is occurring.
- Lifestyle advice, dietary guidance, toileting advice, bladder retraining, deferring techniques and reassurance.
- Follow up appointments for patients where the pelvic floor will be reassessed and work will continue with the patient towards perfecting technique and the exercise program will be reviewed accordingly.
Lucy holds Women’s Health clinics in the middle of each week and the current initial consultation Lucy holds Women’s Health clinics at the beginning of each week and the current initial consultation price is £60, this is for a video consultation (for a subjective assessment and advice giving where appropriate) which may be followed by a face to face appointment (for the objective assessment and any treatment) included in the price. Follow up appointments after this are £45 (either virtual or face to face, as deemed appropriate by Lucy).
Lucy will be more than happy to chat to any patients who may be interested in this service. For further information, please ask patients to call us on 01872 226105.