Why choose Lasik?
LASIK is now the most commonly performed refractive eye surgery
in the world.
The procedure is done with topical anaesthetic drops to numb the
eye. Patients may be given a small amount of oral sedative like
Valium to help them relax. It is done as an out-patient procedure –
you come and go home within a few hours.
LASIK is a method of reducing your dependency on glasses and
contact lenses. It differs from other laser surgery – Lasek,
Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK) in the following aspects:-
- Rapid restoration of vision (within hours of surgery)
- Highly predictable
- Both eyes can be treated on the same day
- Minimal discomfort
- Minimal requirement for eye drops
- Early stabilisation of vision (less than 6 weeks)
- No haze
- Wider range of correctable prescriptions
- Treatment of Astigmatism – up to 5 Diopters